The holiday season if officially upon us, and if you’re anything like me, you’re beginning to enter panic-mode because your Christmas shopping is nowhere near finished (or started).
But fear not! I am here with a list of great gifts for the men, women and children on your Christmas list this year.
And the best part? All of these gifts give back in big ways. Give your Christmas purchases the power to spread some serious kindness this holiday season by checking out the amazing companies and non-profits highlighted in our Think Kindness Holiday Gift Guide.
Gifts For Him
1. Mountains Are Calling Journal from Sevenly – Sevenly highlights a different charity each week and $7 from each purchase goes directly to the week’s featured charity. They carry prints, clothing, accessories and the occasional specialty item, like this leather-bound journal to bring out your inner Thoreau.
2. Cherry-Wood Earbuds from LSTN – LSTN Headphones are made from reclaimed wood and each piece is unique. Aside from looking super cool, each purchase helps restore hearing to a person in need through the Starkey Hearing Foundation.
3. The Stowe Scarf from Krochet Kids Intl. – Krochet Kids Intl. works with highly vulnerable women living in poverty stricken areas and empowers them with the resources to lift themselves and their families out of poverty. They carry beautiful headwear, apparel and accessories for everyone, and each gorgeous piece is hand-signed by the woman who made it.
Gifts For Her
1. Dawn Drop Earrings from Purpose Jewelry – Each piece from Purpose Jewelry is handcrafted and signed by a survivor of modern-day slavery. 100% of their proceeds benefit International Sanctuary, a non-profit that provides holistic care for young women rescued from sex-trafficking. Dazzling holiday jewelry that helps empower rescued women? Yes, please.
2. Silver Lake: Mango + Grapefruit Candle from Raven + Lily – Raven + Lily is another company which helps marginalized women in India, Ethiopia, Kenya, Cambodia, Pakistan and the US through access to a safe job, sustainable income, health care, and education to help break the cycle of poverty for these women and their families. Their line of hand-poured, scented soy candles like this one help empower formerly homeless women in Los Angeles.
3. Winter Survival Kit from Thistle Farms – Thistle Farms makes eco-concious bath and body products and is run by the women of Magdalene, a residential program which helps women who have survived lives of prostitution, trafficking, addiction and life on the streets. Their winter survival kit includes a body polish, body balm, lip balm, bath tea and a handcrafted Lwala bag.
Gifts For Kids
1. Little Citizens Dream Pajamas from Tea Collection – Tea Collection partners with The Global Fund for Children by designing two adorable sets of pajamas with 100% of the proceeds going directly to GFC. This year’s girl’s Dream pajamas and boy’s Wilder Wald pajamas are definitely on my kiddos’ Christmas list.
2. Animal Initiative Elephant Blue Tiny Toms Classics from TOMS – TOMS One for One model gives one pair of shoes to a child in need for every pair purchased. They have plenty of great styles for kids and adults alike, and they wear well. My daughter now wears the Red Cord Tiny Toms that my son received for Christmas three years ago.
3. One World Futbol from One World Play Project – One World Play Project makes super sturdy soccer balls that are designed to last through years of hard play on any terrain. For every ball purchased, One World Play Project donates a ball to organizations working with youth in disadvantaged communities worldwide.