Sometimes it feels like you are talking to a door knob when you ask the question, “How was your day?”. You get the good ‘ole response ‘fine’. What’d you do today? . . . “Stuff”. Well, we decided to compile a list of different ways to ask, “how was your day?” without asking “How was your day?”.
1. What is something you did today that you’d love to do every day?
2. What do you know today that you didn’t know yesterday?
3. Tell me something that made you laugh.
4. Did anything make you feel frustrated?
5. What was the best thing that happened?
6. Did you find out anything interesting?
7. What made you smile today?
8. What was the most creative thing you did?
9. Did everyone have someone to play with?
10. What was your least favorite part of the day?
11. Did you do something kind for someone?
12. Did someone do something kind for you?
13. Did anything make you feel worried?
14. What was the hardest part of your day?
15. Teach me something you learned.
16. Who did you play with?
17. What made your teacher smile?
18. Did anything make your teacher frown?
19. Did you learn any new words?
20. What made you feel happy?
21. Did anything make you feel sad?
22. What made you feel proud?
23. Did anyone do anything silly?
24. Did you give anyone a hug?
25. What did you find difficult?
26. Was anyone away?
27. What are you reading?
28. Did you see anyone feeling sad?
29. Did you help someone?
30. How would you rate your day from 1 to 10?
31. Did you feel scared or nervous at all?
32. Who did you have lunch with?
33. What is your favorite lunchtime activity?
34. What is your favorite word right now?
35. What made you feel grateful?