There is a phase of life that I love to call the ‘FINE’ & ‘GOOD’ phase. Its the moment that when the answer to every question you ask is, “Fine” or “Good”.
AND I WE WANT TO KNOW SO MUCH MORE!
So here is a fun list of questions to ask “How was your day?” without using any of those words.
- What was the best thing that happened at school today?
- What was something that made you laugh today?
- If you could choose, who would you like to sit by in class?
- Where is the coolest place to hang out during lunch at school?
- What is the weirdest word you had to spell today?
- If you could be a super hero and help one person in your class, whom would you help and what would you do?
- What is the weirdest thing you learned today?
- If an alien spaceship came to abduct one person in your class, who would you want them to abduct? Why?
- If you could get rid of one subject at school, what would it be?
- Who is the funniest person in your class? Why?
- If you were the principal tomorrow, what would be the first thing you would do?
- If you could switch seats with anyone in class, who would you switch seats with?
- Tell me three different times you used your pencil today?
- Who is the best artist in your class?
- What is one thing that you wish you could change about your teacher? Why?
Some of the answers you will get to these questions will be really surprising and funny. But it will also open the door to further follow-up questions, exploration and open the door to deeper subjects. As a parent, it is our job to be a good listener. Yes. Yes. Yes. I realize sometimes you want to jump into advice mode. . . but sometimes they just need someone to hear what is one their minds. Children can be afraid to answer questions honestly for the fear of being judged, try to listen without judgement and be a person & parent they can confide in.
DO YOU HAVE ANY OTHER GREAT QUESTIONS?
Comment below and let us know!
Share this Post